Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Awaken

Our time here is almost up. I am pretty sad about that and cannot quite grasp the fact that soon I will not be getting up and heading to Mathare Valley and get to spend my days with Phanuel, Willis, Easter, and Eddy and all the other friends we have made. Soon I wont be surrounded by smiling brown faces chasing me down yelling Mzungu or How are you. Soon the near-death matatu rides will over. I know God called us here this summer and I am so glad to be here. What our future hold only God knows at this point and that is cool with me. We just keep seeking his will for our life.
On Sunday nights we have meetings to talk about our weeks. I didnt think I had too much to say until it was my turn and then I completely lost it. I was a crying mess thinking about leaving here. It was kind of embarrassing!! The chorus of a Shane and Shane song (Vision of You) kept going through my mind it goes like this

Awaken whats inside of me
Tune my heart to all you are in me
Even though your are here-God come
May the vision of you be the death of me

It keeps going but I listened to that song alot before we came and a few times since we have been here. In the Bible Moses really wanted to see God but he couldnt actually see him or he would die. To me though this song represents not necessarily a physical death but death to selfishness and personal things-surrender to Gods plan for your life. As we seek what our future holds I want to really die to me and allow God to use us in whatever way He wants. We have truly seen many visions of God this summer and there are 2 weeks left. One of the guys with us commented that God has really been showing off. That is the truth. My prayer is that those visions of God are the death of me. And my other prayer is that many of you are praying about getting on a plane (and maybe a matatu) and heading this way to visit Mathare Valley.

No comments: